||Sat Feb 09 2002
Snarf MZDM |
Not sure, it keeps moving
Age: Lost track a while ago, due to the fact that not everywhere has the same day or year length. He's a little older than 30, but really isn't sure.
Species/Race: Ground sloth with some anthro features; formerly human.
Height: About 7 feet, appears to be slightly bowlegged. Small for a Ground Sloth, considering that some were as big as elephants.
Weight: around 375 lbs. He moves slowly, but can keep going for a long stretch. Marathon hiker as opposed to a sprinter.
Build: Massive, with layers of fat over lots of muscle.
Fur Color: Brown and shaggy with patches of engine oil despite his best efforts to keep clean.
Eye Color(s): Dark brown.
Clothing (armor): Oversized trenchcoat with lots of (slightly ripped) pockets; shorts (well, short on him) ditto on the pockets. He usually doesn't wear a shirt, but has one this time.
. Peculiarity: He has a layer of bony knobs just under his skin that act a little like quilted mail armor. It doesn't do much against bullets or stabbing weapons, but slashing weapons and teeth will not cut very deep. His hide is quite tough.
* Arrived with an Airplane: Autogyro that looks like a small airplane, a truck, a helicopter, and a motorcycle were all involved in the same accident. This vehicle has changed over time.
* Weapons: Shotgun, fires slugs or heavy gauge buckshot; skill is not good, even though the gun was modified for his paws.
Abilities/Skills & Power Level:
* Blacksmith: used to working under conditions ranging from Bronze age to high-tech. Wields hammer and plasma torch with equal ease.
* Mechanic: see above. Works well with internal and external combustion engines.
* Fighting skills: Fairly good at brawling; wields melee weapons reasonably well; ranged weapon skills are poor.
* Has a highly sensitive nose, by smelling/sniffing something/someone, he can learn a great deal - even though the object may have no odor of its own. He can detect poisons such as lead, arsenic, and mercury; also able to sense many kinds of energies (magic, radiation, etc.) It's a sensitive organ.
After an incident at Paradox Springs, several abilities awakened.
+ Can "mind speak," almost without even trying.
+ He's able to be around magic/psi power without sneezing - as though the trigger point was desensitized.
+ Can see auras, but mostly doesn't know what he's looking at.
+ Telekinesis: Mostly uses it as a third hand.
* Magic: After he fell in Paradox Springs, things started to happen - such as teleporting across the area.
Problems to contend with:
* Slow movement
* Cursed with "dimension hopping": It's a bit like Sliders, except he also jumps through time.
* Changeling: The wizard that transformed him was a little crazy. Attempts to change him into something else have failed, until recently. (see below)
Personality notes: Often shy and withdrawn; doesn't make friends easily. Usually comes across as gruff and short tempered, but is quite generous and kind. Heart of gold in a corroded exterior.
What is your ambition?: Make some place my home. At least until this curse acts up again...
Thank you, Jeri Kleinlowe, for an extremely good picture of Snarf.
Copy and paste most of the above, but add:
* Added a copper wand, 14" long, with a polished round crystal on one end, and a pointed crystal on the other. The wand has no power of its own; used only to focus spells/energies. It's mainly a focus for spells; Snarf has used it as both a healing focus and a blowtorch.
* Since his return, salvaged and rebuilt the airplane. It now runs on a fusion engine and features a banged up antigrav unit and air turbines; the airplane now behaves a little like a Harrier jet, though it's nowhere near as graceful.
Abilities / Skills:
* His control over psi and magic(k) has improved considerably, skill is moderate. Spells don't backfire much; more likely nothing will happen. If he succeeds, he'll frequently wind up with a monster of a headache.
* Able to tap ambient / Ley Line energies when necessary, although doing so tends to space him out.
- Can make "image bubbles" that display pictures or scenes, complete with sound. It's a little like a hologram display or TV picture. Usually holds these between his hands.
- Other bubbles ("Magelights") will glow brightly for a time, then 'burn out' and pop. He doesn't have to use the wand to cast a magelight, but it makes small ones easier to cast and control.
After his "split" into two separate beings, a sojourn among the Sauk, and a few other adventures, his Magickal abilities have improved and taken on several new twists. Snarf has a great deal of control in the realms of water and air, able to create and draw extreme cold. He's also developed a shapeshifting capacity, though at present his repertoire is limited to three forms: Ground Sloth (Default), Sauk (a kind of winged anthro fox), and something similar to an anthro mountain lion.
He now has a occasional job with the Ford Salvage company, and may be seen with an extensively modified Chinook helicopter or other vehicles.
(A number of NPC employees will also be played under this login. )