Thanks for the stunning image Denise !
Wind Wraith of the Wretched Wrags
Age: how old are the stars, suns have grown old and eaten their own planets and then aged more and fallen into themselves beyond their own event horizons during the span of his existence. Numbers have become meaningless. Also he himself doesn’t comprehend how excruciatingly ancient he really is.
Gender: Male, if he were made whole again, he would be a prime example of his species, and the only remaining example in the universe by the way.
Species/Race (human, furry type, robot, alien, etc.): Rawgath which as is so frequently the case, simply translates as: The People. A very large and powerful feline species.
Height: approximately 9 feet tall when fully upright, a meter at the shoulder when on all fours.
Weight: As he is now, not measurable, how can you weigh the wind ?
If he is ever made whole again, his weight would be approximately a trim but muscular 550 pounds.
Build: He is built very much like a Siberian Tiger on Steroids. When it can be seen, his tail is rather long and because the fur is so plush, it looks much like a giant pipe cleaner. He is NOT Anthropomorphic however, he is simply of a somewhat tigrine species that happens to be almost as comfortable digitigrade on 2 feet as on 4. He has a narrow but heavy and barrel shaped ribcage, he is very densely boned and very heavily muscled. When he is manifested inside his robe, he has presence but usually, little to no visible form as he is made of the wind. Though it is rarely visible, his head is ruffed much like a tiger's. He has a massive broad muzzle, with 4 upper canines and 2 lower canines. His carnasials, are much like those of any of the big cats. For comparison, a human head would fit easily inside his jaws, though he is not a maneater. When his face can be seen, it might best be described, if the face of a big cat can be, as a chiselled countenance. His face, feet, tail or paw/hands cannot be touched directly, but any portion of him feels real and solid through the fabric of the robe. If you want to feel the heebie jeebies, look directly into his cowl when he faces you. You will be quite aware that it is occupied, though all you will see is empty space and the interior rear of the cowl. On occasion, motes of dust and odd angles of light, might briefly highlight portions of his otherwise invisible features, but blink, and you will miss it.
Fur (hair, feather, scale, or skin) Color(s): very dense fur, suggesting a creature adapted to extreme, colder climates. When the color of his pelt can be seen, it's remarkable similarity to that of a snow leopard's is unmistakeable. It tends to make him a study in whites and greys.
Eye Color(s): His eyes, when they are visible, are ice blue.
Holy Moly, Andrea Koupal, this is Astonishing Portrait Art !
Clothing (armor): The threadbare (once deep black) robe to which he is bound and being the only place in which he can manifest his wretched existence. In sufficient light, traceries can be seen of the heavy embroidery of gold and platinum thread which once decorated its entire surface in complicated and precise patterns of particular meaning and function. A particularly odd nature of the robe is that when torn, cut, sliced or otherwise parted, it will never sunder into completely separate pieces, and immediately begins to mend and stitch itself back together as if it where a living thing. When he is able to manifest his own personal existence, it is only possible within the confines of this robe. If he enters a place of too much wind or not enough air movement, he is unable to maintain his continued his existence and experiences involuntary de-manifestation. He ceases for the moment to exist. When wind conditions fall within the proper ranges however, he cannot avoid experiencing involuntary spontaneous re-manifestation. His existence resumes.
Accessories (weapons, jewelry, tools, magic items, vehicles, etc.): His STAFF; He raises his right robed arm, and his unseen hand, up, and out, and forward, as if to grasp something. At the same moment, in front of him, the dust below begins to spin intensely in a very tight spiral. The dust rises up in a narrow column . It passes through his grip and then continues upward until it is as tall as he is, it is a long staff. More and more dust is sucked into it and it fills out and becomes more and more discernable. It has an appearance very much like a very stout walking staff. As even more dust is pulled in it becomes even more easily examined. It appears to be an elaborately carved staff. The surface detail is extreme, so much so that it is painful to look at. And do the details crawl and move or is that an illusion caused by the swirling dust of which it is composed
The sun’s rays now shine upon the staff. Throwing the carvings into high relief, yes they are definitely crawling and moving around and that is not because it is made of swirling dust. The brilliant rays are also shining through the staff. Amazing images seem to appear within, spiraling galaxies, comets, meteors, x-ray nebulae, constellations and dark star systems. And if you had a really had a powerful lens, you might even succeed in finding the constellation of the Napping Cat. If an astronomer were to examine the images within the staff, he might be able to tell you that they are not a snapshot of the past, but real time representations of each individual celestial object seen.
The staff however is even older than the curse upon him. But it is not older than he himself is. For it did not exist until well after his own life commenced, and when his ends, if it ever shall, so also shall the staff cease to be. It has never served any other master, and it never shall. Only he can call it and wield it and only he can send it away. If he offered it to you to use as a stick however, you would be able to use it so, for in serving so it would still be serving him.
If you should touch the staff, you will discover that it feels solid and real. You may get the ineffable sense that it is older than some of the stars in the sky. Some of them, yes, but not most of them. And instinct may suggest that it is as tough and hard as the most solid of mountains.
There are ancient legends regarding this staff, obviously they also involve him. How could they not. Will he be able to recall them, with great effort, maybe only just barely. Besides, sometimes legends are far different from actual events. Legends mention a fell name for this staff. This information however is not currently available. Though the name of the wielder is not known, legends called him the Consort to the Winds.
*** Thanks for the POG May ! *** ** Thanks for the Quad Wraith Fantasy ! **
Pets: the winds, air, solar winds, cosmic winds, liquid winds (water), the crushing wind (gravity forces), frozen winds (glaciers), crystal winds (sand), ion and particle wind (electricity,radiation), stone wind (the movement of the continents), the digital wind (information blowing through the ether), the winds of time (change) anything with a windy side to its nature. The nature of the relationship is as yet unclear. It may be quite complex.
Abilities/Skills & Power Level: the nature depth and strength of his relationship to the winds is unclear.
Special Effects (if any): He can go anywhere the winds can carry or transport his robe, as fabric intoto or reduced to utter dust.
A brief and character revealing answer to the question, "What is your ambition?":
To be made whole again, or to be permitted to die.
Thanks for the beautiful image Tsjo !
INDEX TO THREADS IN WHICH WRAITH HAS APPEARED
Active Threads Sponsored By Wraith
- Come help with art and ideas to find the One and Twenty Post Wonder in Missing Inaction
- Has the Insect Life of the Web found you ? Find out in Lions and Tigers and Bears Oh My !
- Join Wraith On His Personal Odyssey in the Settle Forum
- Join the mayhem in Fun With Your Dead Hard Drive
Other Threads In Which Wraith Is Currently Playing
- See the World on the Brink in the Weave Of Destiny Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3
- Search with Wraith for missing agents Mouldy Skull & Dana Fox in The Z-Files (Thread On Hiatus)
- Join the Wraith of the Wrange in the Old West in Desert Rose (Thread May be Moribund)
Locked And Historic Threads
- Meet Wraith as 'The Zen Gun' in 'Hard Times At The Spittoon Saloon' Part 1 and Part 2
- Join the Festivities On Wraith's Avatar Card Day
- Visit Wraith in his very own Intro thread
- Here is Wraith's profile (subject to periodic updates)
- Many threads within The Debate Forum
- Witness the presentation of Bonus Avatar Cards for Val and Furilius.
- What ? An award for Wraith ? See May present it in The MZDM Awards
- Visit Cyprian's Nightmare in TURNABOUT
- Visit the Epic Ode to Regret and Hope for BanaGimm and Silver Fox
- Go see the filming of Wraith’s wide screen intro movie trailer
- Thanks Furilious This place ROCKS !
- Find out about all sorts of features of the NCD Forums in Getting To Know The NCD Forum
- How To Invite Yourself Into The Unofficial MZDM Chat
Artistic Gifts and Stuff
- May has Pogged me
- Lin Yvette has Chibified me
- Fantasy Forever has Quadified me
- Shaper Geneson has written a Poem
- Milpreve has customized a Dancing Wraith
- We are all Immortalized by Andrea Koupal in the Z Files Avatar Adventure Card #19
- BanaGimm has done a superb Portrait of Wraith
- Donevan Blake has created two versions of Wraith as the HermitA Tarot HermitB
- Ozymandius has made a humorous Stick Wraith
- Tsjo has created a lovely storybook image of Wraith as Jaguar and as Snow Leopard
- zen l33t aka Zion the Lion of Iron has written a Poem about Wraith
- Gumba Masta has made 3 illustrations of the Wraith on the Wrange blue sky and also desert and sepia tone
- Andrea Koupal has created a most wonderful Portrait of Wraith
- Holy Moly it is already an Avatar Card
- Daync Celdra has illustrated Wraith from the tale Desert Rose.
** Thank you Bana Gimm for the magnificent portrait **