||Thu Apr 18 2002
Snarf MZDM |
Wherever you go, there you are.
Age: Lost track a while ago, due to the fact that not everywhere has the same day or year length. He's a little older than 30, but really isn't sure.
Species/Race: Born human, lived as a ground sloth for a long time, changed to a Sauk (see Rhiann's profile).
Height: About 8 feet. Huge.
Weight: Between 250-300 lbs.
Build: Still darned big, muscular.
Fur Color: Brownish-red back, white chest.
Hair Color: Medium brown.
Eye Color(s): Dark brown.
Abilities/Powers: Testing showed abilities beyond anything the Sauk had ever seen.
- Telekinesis: Can lift extremely large loads; weight limit is yet uncertain, definitely more than twenty tons. Control is a bit clumsy, but improving.
* Sauk are not capable of conventional speech due to their vocal anatomy; they tend to rely on telepathy. Rhiann and Snarf have a means of speaking by using TK on the air itself. The result is a sourceless voice from somewhere overhead; it often sounds like a god or goddess.
Formatting notes: "Godspeech," #telepathy,# private thoughts, narrative.
- Flight: His strength and control are improving.
- Rapid / Empathic healing: able to repair wounds, but can't do anything with infections. He can extend this ability to heal another.
- Remote sensing: can detect and track unshielded beings out to roughly five miles. He can feel familiar minds out to a greater distance, and very close friends even further.
- Mind Speech: Excellent from prior experience; however he still needs to get a better handle on his strength. Often sends an image or entire concept along with a sentence. Snarf once sent a message clear across the multiverse from Rhiann's home dimension to the NCD; how he did this is still not known. On one occasion he nearly killed someone with a mindsend.
- Appears to have 'dreamwalking' skills; as an extension of the psi ability.
- Snarf has extremely strong fire and earth magicks, and is weak in wind and water. The ability is still developing, though. Can cast a fireball equivalent to a small nuclear bomb if he has to.
- Quite strong, and knows it. Also has a very gentle touch.
- Has a highly sensitive nose, by smelling/sniffing something/someone, he can learn a great deal - even though the object may have no odor of its own. He can detect poisons such as lead, arsenic, and mercury; also able to sense many kinds of energies (magic, radiation, etc.) It's a sensitive organ.
- Sex Appeal - Many females (and some males) are likely to find him attractive. The most common effect (if any at all) is Freudian slips.
Clothing: Not much - Leather loincloth. May add an apron if he's working on something messy. Also has a few feathers tucked behind his ear: One is rust-red, another almost white; a third is sandy beige.
Accessories: Makes stone tools as needed; now has a wand that he uses to focus his magicks.
Personality notes: Open, outgoing, friendly; sweetheart on most occasions, though often blunt in his choice of words.
Ambition: To love, and be loved. And find out why I have these abilities...
Update, Jan. 25 2003
Since appearing in the following threads,
some changes are underway:
Gateway to Saudu
A Visit to the Sauk
A Visit to the Sauk, Continued
Snarf's Dream Quest
Pets/Dependents: Inanna, daughter to Rhiann and Snarf. Still just a baby yet, but growing fast. Stats on her: Female, birth weight about nine pounds; fur/markings are red fox standard, with a splash of black across her scalp; pinfeathers are rust red at the base, fading to orange at the tips.
(born roughly July 2003, will be using that as a reference for her IC growth/development age.)
Rhiann once called him "the Sun God," though that left both Sunwing and his brother Moonwing baffled at the time.
His role and abilities as Sun God are slowly becoming more clear. A new power and state have erupted, partly in response to a psychic attack on him.
Fury of the Sun
This state is very similar to a berserker rage. All of his powers are magnified beyond belief.
Defense: A nearly impenetrable 'bubble' shield surrounds him. The bubble itself glows very brightly, almost as bright as the noonday sun. Projectiles fired at him are reduced to atomic ash; anything that gets too close the shield is instantly burned away or set afire. Magicks and energy weapons are simply absorbed by the shield, making it stronger. Psi does not come through easily, if at all. Everything is VERY tightly filtered; only Rhiann, Inali, and Inanna can speak to him freely. Anyone else will have to get his attention before they can send.
Offense: There is no magick/telepathic/energetic attack that he can't use. Effectiveness will vary, though, as his focus is often blurred by anger. His attacks are often fire-based, and tend to resemble high-tech weaponry such as lasers and plasma cannons. Limits of his output are so far unknown; he can blaze away for weeks without sleeping or slowing down.
Focus: He seems to be of two minds during the Fury. One is cold and rational, the other is pure rage.
Speed: Airspeed has been measured as high as two and a half times the speed of sound. He can teleport in this state, but it's even more noisy - often causing blast damage.
Only a few beings in the Napping Cat's Dream could face off with him and hope to make it away in one piece - and those beings would be smart enough to know that it's a lot easier to talk than fight.
Side effects: An attacker would have to do a lot to get him into this state, so it won't be seen often. After the shield finally drops, several problems turn up.
1) His clothing, decorations, and any feathers given to him are gone, burned away to ash. (There is one feather that may survive, though...)
2) For days to weeks afterward, Snarf glows - literally. Brightness is often as much as a theatrical spotlight (500 to 2000 Watts).
3) He can't sleep at all, but this doesn't seem to bother him too much. Snarf is restless, and can't stop doing something - menial tasks are enough to keep his hands busy, even if his mind continues to race.
4) Snarf is also quite weirded out by the experience, no matter how many times it happens to him. As he comes closer to normal, he may become dreamy, almost like a sleepwalker.
The light and energy effects dim over time. During this cooldown period, the Fury can be triggered again; although the more time has passed since his last Fury episode, the harder it is to set him off.
Much like his "brother" Snarf, Sunwing has also developed an ability to shapeshift. So far his repertory is very limited; all he's managed to do is become a female Sauk.
THANK YOU ONI AND ANDREA!