( New revision for April 13, 2006... )
(The following is Mischa's current 'standard' form. Because of the shapeshifting/body-changing abilities 'she' possesses, her appearance is suceptible to change. But this can be considered her default, and the one in use unless otherwise specified.)
Species/Race: Balloon genie
Weight: A few ounces?
Build: Pretty curvaceous, although not overly so.
Skin/Hair Color(s): Bright red skin, with purple hair. Really glossy.
Eye Color(s): Green.
Clothing (armor): Varies.
Typical Genie Outfit: Since becoming a djinn, Mischa has typically worn an outfit he feels is more suitable to a genie -- specifically, a version of Outfit 4. Big poofy pantaloons, a blouse, a vest, and pointed shoes. She doesn't often wear a veil, although sometimes it's amusing to do. She also wears a number of scarves tied around his arms and legs, as well as anklets and bracelets that have bells affixed, so her movements are usually both colorful and musical. The outfit is usually varying shades of purples, blues, and reds, with a lot of gold in the trim and patterns sewn into the fabric.
Original Outfit: Typically black jeans and a t-shirt of some kind. He possesses a number of anime shirts, and so may often be seen wearing one. Alternatively, he will wear plain t-shirts of varying colors -- usually bright colors. Purple and blue suit him best, and he has a number of plain white shirts, but that doesn't stop him from wearing bright yellow, orange, red, or even pink ones. Unfortunately, his roommate has vandalized a number of these to read "Ragz' Toy" across the front, and so he may be seen wearing those shirts -- particularly in Ragz' company.
Fortunately, those of his friends and acquantainces, as well as occasional luck, have given him more fashionable clothing to wear at times.
Outfit 1: Zipper pants -- jeans with zippers and zipper-like designs all over them -- made from black denim, and a top that looks like that of a cheongsam, made from vinyl and crushed velvet. (courtesy of Fabrizia)
Outfit 2: A pair of jeans made of patches that have been sewn into strips, of all sorts of shades of blue, along with a bright blue cotton t-shirt, that has the word "Cuteness" on the front in silver and yellow. (courtesy of Fabrizia)
Outfit 3: A pair of dark blue cargo pants, as well as a pearl grey t-shirt, with "Eat More Vixin" written across the front in large, dark blue block letters. (courtesy of Vistali). He often wears this outfit.
Outfit 4: A genie costume -- big poofy pantaloons, a blouse, vest, pointed shoes and a veil, along with numerous scarves and bells. The costume is various oranges and reds in color. Originally obtained here, also described in this thread.
Outfit 5: Stonewashed, form-fitting blue jeans, with a red t-shirt with the words "Property of NCD" in big, white block letters across the front ("Property of" in one row, in small letters, "NCD" underneath in much larger ones). Another popular outfit with him.
Outfit 6: Due to his studies of naginata-jutsu, Mischa possesses a gi and hakama. The gi is white, while the hakama is black, typical for a low-level student. Worn only rarely, when he's practicing with the naginata, or feels like going about in a more samurai-style look.
Outfit 7: As a result of a make-over done by Fault, sometimes Mischa looks as described here.
Outfit 8: Mischa has also (somehow) managed to obtain a t-shirt that reads "Property of Sahadki" in white block print across the front. He's rather pleased with it. :3
Outfit 9: Mischa now has a "one-pom pom-hat* -- a rather large, probably silk hat with a pompom on top, similar to the one worn by Mairin here. ( Mairin is the elf-girl on the right. )
Accessories: Mischa has collected various items and trinkets, both brought with him from the real world, and obtained in the Dream. These include:
- A book title "Origami for Beginners", from Lee.
- A Sahadki plushie, from Xai.
- Ribbons. Primarily the long, thin type used to tie down balloons and wrap up presents. Mischa seems to have endless masses of them available, in any color and length. He already had tons in the real world; coming to the Dream seems to have possibly made them endless in supply. Useful as a fashion accessory.
- A roll of plastic wrap, apparently endless in length. From Centaur Prime's PG.
- Felt markers. Handy for doodling with, or giving to people like Ecko when they feel the need to doodle on things or people.
- Duct tape and emergency patching kit. In case of popping or leaks. -_-;;
- Koosh balls. A seemingly endless of supply of koosh balls, in varying bright colors and sizes.
- Decanter of Endless Hot Chocolate. Not sure where he got it, but he has one.
- Backpack. A relic from the real world, it was stuffed with the usual array of papers, pens, pencils, books, and even clothes that Mischa tends to cart around with it. Because of his tendency to cram nearly everything into it, it has acquired some of the properties of a Bag of Holding -- it can contain far more than its size would indicate. Unfortunately, only really mundane, commonplace, or useless items can be put in it, but it holds most of the stuff he needs.
- Ring of Regeneration. Purchased from Anarg'e, this ring also turns Mischa into a balloon when worn. The ring is rather hard to remove, however, as it magically appears floating within balloon-Mischa's head.
- Magical pen/magnetic wand. A gift from Bar Gamer, given to Mischa by Sesame Oil, this object strongly resembles an ordinary pen. Its tip, however, is magnetic, and can slide through Mischa's balloon skin if it wasn't there, allowing him to pull out the ring he received from Anarg'e much more easily when in balloon form.
Occupation and Affiliations
Occupation / Class: Former Professional Student. Now currently employed at the Swaying Palm Beach Resort, managing the Surf Shop. He tries hard, but doesn't seem to be doing a very good job so far. Also a wanna-be artist, a fantasizer, and a dreamer.
Family: None in the Dream.
Friends and Acquantances: More than he thought he'd have.
- Sahadki. Probably one of the most important people in the Dream to Mischa, since he's got a definite crush on the djinn. Her feelings for him are uncertain, but she does enjoy the attention he gives her, and thus often focuses on him when he's around.
- Anarg'e. The chaos mage has become quite an acquaintance for Mischa. Although Anarg'e seems rather ambivalent about Mischa, the young man seems willing to trust him in return. Mischa has purchased a few magical items from the mage, allowing him to change into a balloon or take on a taffy-like form, although the items have predictably odd side-effects. Anarg'e is also responsible for Mischa's most recent change into a djinn.
- Ragz. He formerly shared an apartment with Mischa, much to his consternation. While they stayed together, Mischa mostly tried to put up with the overbearing mutt's vices. Since Mischa ended up transformed into a wall poster for a few weeks, and the rent went unpaid, they were evicted. Mischa hasn't run into Ragz since then, although he does wonder how the mutt's doing.
- Xaila. Good friend. Helps him with fashion. Recently running into her at a club, he had a fun time dancing with her, and hopes to do more with the young woman in the future.
- Trabia Selphie. Another good friend! PGs are fun!
- Kivie. Succuvixen, who seems to have taken an interest in him.
- Doktor Kerensky.
- Striker RedWolf.
- Lady Marianne.
- Lots of other people... I'll have to expand this more later.
Miscellaneous: A few other associations that have come up...
- Personal accessory for Fault.
- Part of Quetzal's hoard.
Abilities/Skills & Weaknesses:
Genie Abilities: Now that Mischa is a genie, he has certain limited powers and limitations.
Wish-granting: The most significant power, obviously. Whoever opens the cork to his bottle summons Mischa, and he's bound to grant them three wishes. Because he is relatively low-powered, he can't grant any world-shaking wishes -- even objects he creates will last only temporarily. The more complex, valuable, or rare the object, the shorter the length of time it'll last. The same thing applies to transformations he makes in things.
In case you're wondering, yes, he can kill someone with a wish. <_<
Flight: As a djinn, Mischa can fly.
His Bottle: Mischa's bottle is perhaps his biggest limitation -- it's his home and prison. When transformed into a genie, he was sucked into the bottle, and remains trapped inside until someone opens the cork -- at which point he is released to serve them. While serving his master, he can be compelled to return into the bottle, or summoned from it. However, to command him, his master must be holding the bottle. It doesn't matter what range Mischa is at... he will hear the command.
Once Mischa has granted his master three wishes, however, he is automatically sucked back into the bottle and corked up. The former master cannot remove the cork -- their time as his master is over.
Interactions: As a side note... in some of his alternate forms, Mischa loses his genie abilities -- most notably as a balloon. While in taffy form, he retains them. Presumably, he also retains them while 'collapsed', although folding him into a different form may have uncertain effects.
Basic Knowledge and Skills: As a university student before coming to the Dream, Mischa was fairly well educated. His knowledge is eclectic and wide-ranged, covering such diverse areas as history, literature, architecture, sociology, anthropology, mathematics, statistics, physics, and computer science. Unfortunately, without proper materials to back it up, it's rather spotty at best, based on what he can remember. Still, something useful might come through in a pinch. He's also got excellent research and communications skills, from writing numerous essays.
Other basic skills include cooking and juggling.
The only combat skills he has are a very, VERY rudimentary knowledge of kenjutsu (from time spent studying it in the real world), and a basic knowledge of nagainatajutsu.
Physical abilities: Mundane human at best.
Exceptional abilities: None to really note, save those that may result from his vulnerable reality matrix (see below).
Vulnerable Reality Filter/Reality Matrix: According to Fault, all PGs have one of these, which gives them certain powers and abilities. Unfortunately, it would seem Mischa's is rather vulnerable to outside influences, making him in turn vulnerable to some unusual effects.
- Origami Folding: Lee (and possibly his avatars) is capable of folding Mischa in an origami-life fashion, reshaping him into a new form. After being folded, Mischa is capable of being unfolded into a smaller or larger version of the form he is currently in.
- Balloon Form: Has demonstrated the ability to be instantly turned into a balloon version of himself when poked with a pin (apparently due to the irony of the idea). His coloration varies, but is usually maroon or red in color. He basically looks like a glossy, rubbery, hollow and transparent version of himself, made from latex -- like an ordinary balloon, just shaped like his normal self. He can still move and talk, but is very lightweight, and thus moves a bit slowly through the air. He can be popped, but will reform if his pieces are brought back together.
- Alternate Balloon Form and Regeneration: Thanks to the ring he purchased from Anarg'e, Mischa can be in a different balloon form. It resembles the first in most ways, but is more durable -- a poke or cut with a sharp object will only open a hole, allowing him to deflate. The ring has the power of regeneration, however, allowing him to gradually repair any holes or cuts, as well as refill with air -- given enough time. If his body is kept stretched or distended for a while, however, this regeneration will 'heal' the stressed latex, leaving him stretched out of shape.
- Taffy Form: With a coin that Mischa purchased from Anarg'e, he can turn into a taffy-like form. While his body looks and even tastes normal, it becomes quite sticky and stretchy, just like taffy. If pulled, it can stretch out of shape without any pain. Once the coin is removed (it must be placed under his tongue, or elsewhere inside of his body), his body 'snaps' back to normal.
While it is difficult, it is possible to sever parts of his body in this form... causing them to revert back to normal flesh and blood. Removing the coin will not restore these lost limbs, making it quite risky.
- Collapsible: Thanks to Xaila, Mischa has gained the feature of being collapsible. Thus, enough pressure or weight can cause him to collapse in upon himself, making him flatter and more compact. As a side effect, he tends to make accordion noises when being collapsed or uncollapsed.
- Inflation: Shortly before becoming a genie, Mischa visited Doktor Kerensky. With summer coming quickly, he wondered if it would be possible to some modifications done that would make visiting the pool or beach more fun. The Doktor complied with his request, and modified his body so that it was 'inflatable'. ( For those familiar with the changes he made in Kasumi, it's much the same mod.) He can absorb air through pores in his skin to perform 'minor' inflations (inflating a single part of his body), and inhale air in through his lungs to perform 'major' inflations (inflating the whole body at once). The maximum extent for inflation is a large, ball-like figure. Trying to inflate past this point will cause the pores to open and release the excess, maintaining a balance of his inflation. He can also release air through the same means. However, if he is punctured while inflated, the escaping gas will cause him to fly around in a rather comical fashion, until he's fully deflated.
As an added feature, the Doctor installed a 'pull-tab' in his navel. If pulled, it causes him to inflate voluntarily (much like a life raft would), to his maximum inflation. As a genie, it's disguised as a jewel set into his navel.
(You know, I suck at weaknesses. These may count as abilities, too, although the first tends to be beyond his control. The latter has numerous advantages and disadvantages, and tends to balance out. Mischa rather enjoys being a balloon, though, and is currently considering becoming a balloon-person full time.)
Special Effects (if any): Other than standard PGness, none that he knows of yet. He gets into enough trouble on his own.
Perhaps Mischa's oddest feature is the sheer number of transformations he's undergone, some of which seem to have produced different copies of him within the Dream. And since it's been suggested I try and list them all, I'll do my best, including links to the appropriate places where I can. Thus, in no particular order, Mischa has been:
A balloon. (Most significantly, in the Woods of the Winds, as well as the Napping Cat Chat)
A slinkified version of himself. (Kai's Paradox Springs)
An anthro balloon animal. (Zookeeper Frank's Zoo.)
A ring. (Inside of Genie's ring.)
A living poster. (Doktor Kerensky's Bodymod Clinic.)
Anthro scissors. (Napping Cat Chat)
A statue. (By ANNAMMU)
Flowers. (Napping Cat Chat)
A puddle of liquid latex. (Napping Cat Chat)
A foul-mouthed bile-spewing harpy. (By ANNAMMU)
Paperweight. (Feyd's Tower, leading to Mischa (P.O.F.))
Marionette. (Nyxia's toy shoppe)
A mannequin. (Fabrizia)
A genie girl. (Shaper's Carnival of Transformation)
Description of Personality: In a word... multi-faceted. Depending on his mood, Mischa can be happy, silly, bouncy, playful, quiet, introspective, sullen, depressed, envious, bitter, contemplative, ambitious, caring, and gentle. Generally a nice guy, relatively open, friendly, and kind, he has a definite streak of insecurity and abysmal self-esteem, leading to bouts of depression and envy.
Perhaps Mischa's most outstanding feature is that he's a nice guy. He tries to be nice to everyone, if he can, including somewhat aggressive dragons (like Alizara) and powerful villains (like Jester Scythe). He also has something of a submissive streak that goes along with this, which is why he puts up with Ragz so much. Also tends to be very shy and self-concious, particularly in groups. Another feature of his, that doesn't help with his self-conciousness any, is that he has a very strong weird streak, that comes out at odd times or in the company of good friends. More and more, he's allowing himself to follow up on these odd impulses, although they can get him into a lot of trouble.
Brief History: A normal university student... well, not really so normal, but not outstanding in any particularly noticable way. He became fascinated with an online forum known as "The Dream", and posted there regularly. After a while, he actually found himself there. Perhaps the fact that this place truly exists had some effect on things. Or maybe some other god even greater than him felt whimsical...
Since then, he's gone through a variety of adventures and misadventures. He's managed to get a job, and an apartment, and make a number of friends. He hasn't done anything truly significant or dangerous (the worst was nearly getting killed by Dinadan once, when the Tower of Escher was destroyed by robots), but has had some odd adventures...
Wondering just what this weirdo looks like? He's shown up once, in the Master Mu chat comic, which can be seen here.
I've also drawn the slinkified version of him (long before it actually happened... I'm evil that way), which can be seen here.
He also appears in this comic, as the individual on the right.
I drew a quick color picture of Mischa as a uitsune in this OC sketch. He's in the upper left.
He's also appeared in a comic with Ragz, that has yet to be uploaded.
Oh yeah... that thing. ^_^
A brief and character revealing answer to the question, "What is your ambition?": I'm going to do and experience everything I can while I'm here!