|TO:||THE NAPPING CAT DREAMERS|
|DATE:||APRIL 30, 2003|
|RE:||FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQS)|
Dear Napping Cat Dreamers,
This memo answers the most common questions asked by avatars.
A. Technical Questions
- Technical Questions
- Avatars and Cards
- Permissions and Copyrights
- The Map
For a full list of technical questions and answers on how to use the UBB forum functionality, please read the forum FAQ
B. Avatars and Cards
- If I create additional avatars, do they have to get 30 posts before they are authorized?
- No. Characters that are alternates of existing players do not need to have 30 posts before they are authorized to post in all forums. Post a request to the SPONSOR AN AVATAR thread, or PM Krinele Fullin directly to have them authorized. Please note in your request that they are alternates.
- I know [AVATAR NAME] from another RP forum or website. Can I sponsor him immediately?
- All new players, regardless of where they are from, must still complete about 30 posts before being authorized. Current avatars can only bypass the post restriction for characters they will be playing, not for new members. Even if you already have RP experience, the 30 post limit allows you time to acquaint yourself with our rules and playing style.
- I don't want to play [AVATAR NAME] anymore. Can I transfer them to a different player?
- No. The administration believes that an Avatar should only be played by the Player God who originally conceptualized them. Thus we do not allow Avatar transfers between Players.
- Who can sponsor a new avatar?
- Anyone who is already authorized and has 100 posts can sponsor a new avatar.
- What threads can I post to
- You may participate in any thread that does not have 'Closed' in the title. Please make sure you read the entire thread before posting to it.
- If I make additional avatars, should I create a new login for him/her?
- Yes. Each avatar you play should have its own login.
- When am I allowed to change my login (display) name?
- If you have zero posts, if the name change is of purely cosmetic nature, or for reasonable in-character name changes (like marriage) purposes. If you wish to make what is essentially an entirely new avatar out of an existing one, please make a new login.
- When will I get my Avatar Card?
- The Avatar Card series was completed at Avatar #500. There are no plans to create further cards at this time.
The current policy regarding the awarding of Avatar Cards is detailed here. Expect it to take at least 6-12 months and remember that not every avatar is guaranteed a card. The primary criteria will be continued active participation and creative contributions to The Dream, be it through discussions, role-playing, moderating, artwork, etc.